Home > Jura-Capresso Automatic Coffee Centers > Jura-Capresso IMPRESSA E8
Technology Without Compromise | Features and Benefits | Dual Frother PLUS | frothXpress PLUS System | Convenience | How Things Work | How to Order
Request a free DVD today at email@example.com ask for FREE E8 DVD.
IMPRESSA E8, Model # 13187
Technology without compromise!
The IMPRESSA E line is fully equipped with all the necessary hi-tech features for professional grinding (commercial quality conical burr grinder), high-pressure brewing (18-bar pressure pump and stainless steel lined thermoblock heating system), steam connector system (for use with manual and automatic frothers). The result: superb espressos, cappuccinos, lattes and long crema coffees. The easy to read LED display shows the coffee strength (mild, regular, strong) and the coffee volume (cup size) during brewing (from 1 to 8 oz. per cup). The authentic Jura-Capresso “bean-to-cup” experience at a great price.
With its full silver metallic front, the stainless steel grid the chrome plated auto-illuminating buttons and the chrome plated cup storage area on top the Impressa E9 makes a beautiful statement in any kitchen or small office.
The Impressa E8 features a silver metallic middle section and a classic matte black front.
Features and Benefits
- Touch the 1-cup button once, twice or three times for mild, regular or strong coffee. When it starts grinding, the display shows the last cup size used in oz. At this time the left rotary dial illuminates. Just turn the dial and change the cup size from 1 oz. to 8 oz. It can't get any more convenient.
- The 2-cup button always produces twice as much coffee. So, if the cup size is set to 7 oz. it will brew a total of 14 oz. With the height adjustable coffee spout any cup size will fit easily underneath.
- Two-step pre-infusion cycle moistens and conditions the ground coffee. Maximum flavor extraction with perfect crema topping.
- The Impressa E-line grinds from 5 to a maximum of 16 grams of coffee from mild to extra strong.
- The E-line froths and steams milk in a pitcher or right in your cup. Then without any delay it grinds the beans tamps and brews your coffee in less than 50 seconds...or vice versa! No more work, no more guessing, no more messy clean-up.
- 64 oz. removable water container. Good for 40 espressos at a time.
- Integrated professional solid steel conical burr grinder for consistent and aroma-saving grinding. Six settings allow you to adjust the fineness for all kinds of beans - from light to dark roasts.
- 8 oz. bean container. Grind up to 30 portions of coffee before refilling.
- Frother can be used to release hot water for Cafe Americano or a cup of tea. The hot water function is also programmable from 1 to 16 oz.
- New CLEARYL Water Care System. Removes chlorine, lead, aluminum and copper from your tap water for a better tasting coffee. A special organic additive removes almost all carbon and eliminates decalcifying altogether.
- Electronic CLEARYL cartridge change indicator makes sure that you always have the best water possible.
- Separate funnel for pre-ground coffee. Use for decaf or flavored coffees.
- 18-bar power pump with 1450 Watt stainless steel lined ThermoBlock heating system. Fast continuous operation for use at home or in the office.
back to top
Dual Frother PLUS (standard)
- Push the steam button. Within seconds, the ThermoBlock heating system reaches steaming temperature. Immerse the Dual Frother Plus into your milk pitcher or in your cup filled with milk. When the display reads STEAM READY turn the dial on the right side to the steam / hot water symbol. Hot steam is released immediately. Steam output is continuous. With the left rotary dial you can time the steam output from 3 to 120 seconds. Or you can just stop the steam output by turning the dial back to the cup symbol. Need more steam? As long as the display reads STEAM READY, you can steam away.
- The Dual Frother Plus is fast and easy to use. With two settings for latte (steaming milk) and cappuccino (steaming and frothing milk). Click on the video clip to see the frother in action.
- The frother function can be set from 3 to 120 seconds. This comes in handy when using the frothXpress Plus system (see below) For more information on this system watch the video clip entitled frothXpress Plus on this page.
back to top
frothXpress PLUS System (sold separately)
- The frothXpress PLUS system helps you to prepare perfect cappuccinos and lattes cup after cup. It automatically siphons milk from the cold milk container, combines it with hot steam and delivers hot, frothed milk into your Cappuccino cups. Turn the dial of the frothXpress plus to the latte setting and the frothXpress plus will deliver hot steamed milk with very little or no froth for that delicious Latte.
- Setting the steam output to a certain time lets you fill cup after cup with the exact same amount of hot steamed or frothed milk. The result: always the same taste and no more wasted milk!
- Fill as many cups as you want then add your shot of espresso and serve identical lattes or cappuccinos.
- Temperature control! For that extra hot Cappuccino or Latte move the frothXpress Plus dial from the "-" settings towards the "+" settings to increase the temperature of the milk.
- The frothXpress PLUS system comes complete with the automatic frothing device, a milk container and an extra hose to siphon cold milk directly from any other milk container (e.g. milk carton).
back to top
Convenience, Monitoring, Appearance and Safety Features
- 8-digit LED display dialog system. Gives you short, plain language instructions: "Ready", "Heating", "Steam Ready", "Fill Water", "Clean Unit" etc.
- Choose from seven languages in the dialog system. English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch.
- Select from "Continuous-on" or "Auto-off" from 1/2 hour to 9 hours in one hour increments. This makes sure the machine stays on as long as you want.
- Automatic hot water rinse cycle when the E8 is turned on and off. Cleans and pre-heats all vital brewing parts.
- Automatic cleaning cycle indicator prevents coffee oil build-up in the brew chamber. A short 15 minutes automated tablet cleaning program with clear instructions in the LED display insures clean inner parts and coffee that will never tastes oily or rancid. No inner parts need to be removed. The display will remind you automatically after approx. 200 cups of coffee.
- Automatic indicator when used coffee container is full. Used coffee container holds up to 16 coffee portions.
- Electronic water level sensor will never let the machine operate without water!
- Check how many cups of coffee you have made. Display can show total number of cups brewed and number of cups for each coffee button - and the ground coffee funnel (!).
- Five level water hardness selector. Set the machine to your water hardness (comes with a water hardness indicator strip).
- Video with detailed tips on brewing, frothing methods and cleaning included.
- Compact design with simple front panel controls. Fits underneath kitchen cabinets.
- 8 programming and look-up functions: Filter, Hardness, Aroma, Auto-Off, ML/OZ, Rinse, Statistics, Language
back to top
How Things Work
The IMPRESSA E8 makes it easy to customize coffee settings to your liking. Besides the three coffee strength settings which are controlled with the 1-cup button, you can choose from AROMA STANDARD and AROMA ROBUST. In the setting ROBUST the grinder will grind one second longer in each of the three settings MILD, NORMAL or STRONG, making your coffee even more intense.
Push and hold the P button until you see word FILTER. Now turn the Rotary Dial until the word AROMA is displayed. Push the button inside the Rotary dial and select from STANDARD or ROBUST. Push the button again to confirm you selection. Now push the P button again to get back to making coffee, indicated by READY in the display.
back to top
How To Order
Click here for a retailer location near you. Or select model below to order online.
Select a Model:
E8, Model #13187
FrothXpress Plus System, Model #64342: $80.00
back to top